If your child is 3 years or older, then your child may be able to access services through your local school district.  Contact your local home school and ask to speak to the Assistant Principal to apply for Early Childhood Special Education.  This will begin the process of having your child assessed by the school district to determine his/her eligibility for special education services.  This may include preschool and or other services like speech therapy, occupational therapy and behavioral support in the classroom.

For more information on LAUSD’s Early Childhood Special Education Programs and Services, click here.