Associate Marriage and Family Therapist or MFT Trainee/
Associate Social Worker or Social Work Trainee
(1st Year, Level One)
Reports to: Director of Clinical Programs
Gain clinical experience in a dyadic and family systems work through supporting the pivotal stages of a child’s development and their early attachments with their caregivers by using a relationship-based approach. Provide direct services to children (under 7 years old) with developmental delays and their families in clinic, home, school or community setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct service to children, ages 0-7 and their families at CDI, in the home, in school and/or in the community for a minimum of 12 client hours, max of 30 client hrs. /wk.
- Participate in weekly supervision regarding the needs of all assigned cases, minimum two hours a week of group supervision and one hour a week of individual supervision
- Attend staff meetings, in-services and trainings
- Collaborate with other disciplines including, occupational therapy, speech therapy, educational therapy, school districts, regional centers and CDI staff. Coordinating program services with team members and other community agency representatives
- Complete case management of all assigned cases. This includes charting, report writing, managing client hours, communication with other service providers and interventionists on assigned cases
- Produce all required reporting and assessment of assigned children, such as note taking, billing and any other paperwork necessary on a weekly basis
- Identify, request, and obtain additional intervention services for assigned children as needed
- Participate in all IFSP/IPP/IEP meetings for assigned children, acting as coordinator of information between family and other members of the team
- Observe health and safety precautions in all activities
- Ensure treatment areas are clean, safe and organized before and after each session
Education/Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in early childhood mental health or education related field, early childhood teaching credential, therapy licensure or certification
- Minimum of one year experience working with toddlers and young children
- Demonstrated ability to work in a family centered, collaborative way with parents and professionals
- One year commitment
- Current enrollment in graduate program or working toward licensure
Level 1 Associates/Trainees are paid for billable client contact hours, two hours per progress report and mileage.
Must be able to:
- Ability to bend, squat, turn and move to respond and physically interact with children ages 0-8
- Lift at least 25 pounds.
- Effectively use a computer and telephone to conduct business.
- Travel occasionally for in-home sessions during the morning, day, and/or weekend hours.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time position