Reports to: Director of Clinical Programs
Child Development Institute (CDI) is a strength-based early childhood development resource to children and their families in the San Fernando Valley and is seeking a well-organized individual with excellent communication skills, professional, personable and reliable receptionist to be the first point of contact to our clients and their families. This position offers an exciting opportunity to master a wide array of administrative and communication skills. The ideal candidate will oversee all receptionist duties and provide clerical support to the departments as needed.
The Receptionist is responsible for treating clients, visitors, telephone messages and calls in a professional and efficient manner. Perform various administrative and clerical duties, which support in the presentation and operation of the Child Development Institute (CDI). The receptionist is also responsible for assisting clients in a smooth and efficient manner, to adhere to all protocols in line with Child Development Institute goals, strategy, and values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee all receptionist duties and provide administrative/clerical support to the departments and organizational units of the Child Development Institute.
• Answer and direct telephone calls and individuals to the appropriate area or personnel.
• Greet and interact with both adult and child clients.
• Handle multiple routine questions regarding the agency.
• Create and/or distribute internal publications: Calendars, flyers, memos, staff/volunteer email blasts, etc.
• Collect and process payments for private services
• Take accurate and detailed information from or for all clients as required and a directed by clinical or administrative staff.
• Sort and distribute mail, faxes and packages.
• Monitor courier activity (Fed Ex, UPS, etc.).
• Perform various administrative/clerical tasks: Typing, Filing, Data Entry, Set-up for meeting and Trainings, etc.
• Maintain and order office supplies.
• Maintain an organized, attractive and comfortable front office/reception and waiting area.
• Provide backup to the receptionist at the CDI Early Learning Center (ELC), including: Answer and direct telephone calls, greet and interact with families, children and community members, serve as first point of contact to all visitors at the ELC.
• Participate in Administrative, operations, Staff and Leadership group meetings, as needed.
• Participate in required trainings and other activities as needed.
• Ability to handle multiple-lined phone system.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Stellar organizational skills, including time management.
• Ability to multi-task and work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to remain flexible in an ever-changing environment with grace and tack.
• Availability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and evenings, if needed.
• A valid driver’s license and reliable and flexible means of transportation is required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 1-year experience.
• Basic knowledge of standard office equipment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and Internet use.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish, preferred but not required
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Effective use of a computer, a telephone and a fax to conduct business.
• Ability to lift and carry office materials, maximum weight up to 25 pounds.
• Travel occasionally for meetings, training or special events during the morning, day and/or weekend.